Create and edit the different groups used for your website project.
To use any type of smart content you need to create group segmentations.
Step 1. Code App - Smart Content
Login to your project and go to the SiteManager Code application.
Click Smart Content.
Step 2. Create Group
Type in a group label (name of your group) and password value. Click Add Group
Some examples of group labels:
For a personalised behavior segment: ex. Clients with a public password (client)
For AB testing: ex groupA with a private password (groupa)
For Password protected content: ex. Login with a private password (yhkgVUBfSF4aGLYn)
Step 3. Edit Group
Click the pencil icon next to the group label to change it's settings:
1. Group Label: change the name of your group
2. Password Value: change the password for your group
3. Password Type: A private password can not be used as a parameter in the url to automatically login to the group. This is very important for password protected content and is also the default status for ab testing. A public password can be used as a parameter if public groups is enabled.
4. Storage: Use session when the group login is not remembered after closing the browser window (password protected, ab testing). Use Cookie when you want to keep the visitor in this group after closing the browser (personalised content)
5. Password behavior: Select combined if this group can be combined with other groups. Choose unique if you want to logout of other groups when this group is used (ab testing)
If you are using different types of smart content on one project it is recommended to set all password behaviors to combined and use combined actions to enter and exit related groups to create the same effect. Learn more here: https://support.sitemanager.io/combined-actions-for-smart-groups
6. SiteManager variables: These variables can be used in the code editor for page, layout or design components. [:showcontent:id:(type_code_here):/endcontent:] is used to show content when visitors are IN this group. [:nocontent:id():/nocontent] is used to show content when visitor is NOT in this group.
7. Group ID: this is the ID of your group used for the Smart API
Step 4: Multiple groups
Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create multiple groups.
For a second personalised behavior segment: ex. Subscribers with a public password (newsletter)
For AB testing: ex groupB with a private password (groupb)
For Password protected content: ex. Admin Login with a private password (RDkX27pjpSkbQY2m)