This page describes how to build a sitemap and make it available to Google, Bing and other search engines.
Install sitemap module in SiteManager
Once logged in to your project, go to the 'Upgrade Store'
You can find the 'Sitemap' module in 'System Updates' or 'SEO and Analytics'.
Once you selected one of the two ways, you can add the 'Sitemap' module into your project.
Manage your Sitemap
Go to the 'Settings' page of your project
and navigate further untill you are in your 'Sitemap' settings page.
Generate or upload sitemap
If you go for the first time into the settings page of your sitemap, everything will be set blank or default.
General settings tab
In this tab you will be setting your correct domain name and how frequently the page is likely to change.
- Use consistent, fully-qualified URLs. Google will crawl your URLs exactly as listed. For instance, if your site is at
http://www.example.com, don't specify a URL as
Do not end your URL with a slash (/)! The system will do that automaticly.
- How frequently the page is likely to change. This value provides general information to search engines and may not correlate exactly to how often they crawl the page.
Notice that there is no 'slash' (/) at the end!
If your project uses the 'Database' module, you will see an extra tab 'Database'.
Select which database that will generate URL's for their detailpages.
Only detailpages will be generator for those that are visible in your project.
Exclude pages in your sitemap file.
URL has to be typed exactly as they are shown online.
Once you have generated your sitemap, the 'editor' tab will be available to select.
In this tab you can edit the sitemap that is generated by the system.
We recommend this setting only if your are familiar how sitemap works.
Download or View
When a sitemap has been generated, you have the possibility to download or view your sitemap.
Download your sitemap to submit your sitemap to search engines.
Upload custom file
Allready have a sitemap? Simply upload your file.
Submit your sitemap to search engines
Our 'Sitemap Generator' can create sitemaps for the various sections of your website. This means you only have to submit your sitemap file to the search engines.
Google Search Console
Google is our preferred search engine.
- Sign in to Google Search Console.
- On your Search Console home page, select your website.
- In the left sidebar, click Crawl and then Sitemaps.
- Remove outdated or invalid sitemaps
- Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
sitemap.xmlinto the text box that appears.
- Click Submit.
Bing Webmaster Tools
- Sign in to Bing webmaster tools.
- On the My Sites page, select your website.
- In the left sidebar, click Configure My Site and then Sitemaps.
- Remove outdated or invalid sitemaps like
- Enter your sitemap URL into the text box at the top. Your sitemap URL will look like something like this:
- Click Submit.