In this mission you will learn to copy pages and content in your projects. In this example we are going to copy the homepage and duplicate our blockquote component.
Step 1: Upgrade Center
We already used the Upgrade Center in mission 1 to add new page components to your website. However the Upgrade Center is also used to install additional features or modules to your project. In the Upgrade Center click the CMS Updates button. Select Advanced Item options and Copy Pages. Click the green Add to site button on the bottom to install these upgrades. (see picture below).
Step 2: Copy the homepage
After you have installed the updates you will be redirected to page management. You can always go to page management by clicking the Page Management button in the CMS Application or in the upper right menu.
Page Management is where you are able to add new blank pages, delete pages and change the menu order.
Click the page settings button next to Home.
(1) You will notice that the copy page switch has been added to the edit page form. Switch it to copy.
(2) Give the new page a name.
(3) Click save to copy the page
After the page has been copied you will return to Page Management. The new Homepage is added to the list. Click on Homepage to open the page in the CMS editor.
Step 3: Change Homepage layout
As an additional step in this tutorial we are going to change the Homepage layout to the content layout. Click the Change Page Layout button on the left side panel in the CMS Application.
(1) Select the homepage layout for Homepage.
(2) Click save
(3) Click back to return to the CMS editor and see the layout change
Step 4: Duplicate content element (blockquote)
The advanced item options we installed added a new button (options) when we hover over our content elements.
Click the triple dots button and then the "Options".
The options button open the item properties screen.
With Item properties you can set individual content elements invisible, duplicate and move them to other pages.
In this mission we are going to duplicate the item to the top of our page.
(1) Check the duplicate item option
(2) Select Top as position where we want to see the duplicated item
(3) Click Save
(4) Click back to return to the CMS editor
When you return to the CMS editor you should see the blockquote component twice.
Click the Edit button of the duplicated blockquote on top of the page.
(1) Change Text to: “ Believe you can and you're halfway there“
(2) Change Author to: Theodore Roosevelt
(3) Click save
(4) Click Back
Step 5: Delete Page (Homepage)
Return to Page Management
(1) Click the triple dots icon next to Homepage
(2) Click Delete and confirm you want to delete this page
Now the page has been removed from the project.
Thank you for completing these Missions. We hope you are enjoying your SiteManager journey so far. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.