In this article, you will learn how to install and set up the SiteManager Form. You will also learn what form actions are and how to connect input fields between the form and your service.
If you don't yet know how to install a component, head over to this article to find out. Install the form component and add it to your page.
The setup screen of the component is very basic. Only the most common settings can be configured here.
- Thank you message: Change the message that will be shown after a user submits the form. This message will not be shown when a redirect page has been set.
- Error message: Change the error message that will be shown when an error occurs.
- Redirect page: Change the page that the user will be redirected to after submitting the form. Leave this empty to show the thank you message instead.
- Form actions: A list of all actions that are (and can be) added to the form. By default, there are no actions. Make sure to at least add 1 action, otherwise the form won't be doing anything.
- Build form: A list of all the fields that are (and can be) added in the form.
Actions are ways to handle the data that the user fills in. For example, it is pretty basic to collect this data and to send the data to your email. It is possible to use only one action, or it is possible to use multiple in conjunction.
The following actions are available to use in your form:
No form is complete without actual inputs. All forms will at least need a submit button (so the user is able to submit the form) and most will also need an email input. You are free however to insert and position these fields as you wish. Some fields are mandatory for certain actions, so make sure to include the right field for the right action. Refer to the action pages above for more information regarding the required fields.
It is possible to add extra data to an input field. For most actions this will even be required. Adding extra data enables the corresponding action to know which field the data belongs to. For example, Mailchimp needs to know which field is the email field and which field is the name field. This way, the data will always be inserted at the right place, which prevents errors from happening.
The following data attributes can be added to an input:
As you can see, the email action is missing from this list. This is because with this action all of your fields will be automatically sent to your email.